The 390 Adventure marks KTM’s entry into India’s emerging Adventure biking segment
6th Dec, Goa: KTM, The World’s No. 1 & India’s fastest growing premium motorcycle brand, announced the launch of the most awaited KTM 390 Adventure today. True to its “Ready to Race” philosophy, KTM has an unparalleled legacy in motorsports with over 300 world championships spanning over 66 years.
KTM 390 Adventure marks KTM’s entry into the emerging adventure motorcycles market in India. The recent years have witnessed an increasing trend in adventure touring and the interest in outdoor exploration is on the rise. The 390 Adventure has been conceptualized to address this trend and has been purpose built for adventure travel while being a great ride for city use as well.
Visually similar to the championship winning KTM-450 Rally, the bike derives much from KTM’s rich legacy in Rally Racing in terms of chassis, profiling & several specs such as a larger fuel tank, ergonomics & wind protection to ensure a steady, safe & easy ride in corners and on the street. The KTM 390 Adventure is aimed squarely at motorcyclists who desire a bike to handle short and long tours alike, traversing tarmac roads as well as all kinds of offroad stretches like gravel, slush, water crossing or sand.
The most stunning aspect of the 390 Adventure is the set of first in class electronics or rider aids which have been so far limited only to the litre class superbikes. The Electronic Control Unit or ECU controls a host of electronic aids like the lean angle sensitive Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC) which allows for better traction on dirt & loose gravel surfaces, Cornering ABS which provides for a safer and sharper ride through the twisties, Offroad ABS for better braking on low traction surfaces, and Quickshifter+ for smooth clutchless up and down shifting, all nicely displayed and relayed by the full-color TFT display. These aids work seamlessly to ensure a feeling of optimal control and come into play in the trickiest of the situations.
KTM 390 ADVENTURE HIGHLIGHTS
• State-of-the-art DOHC Engine with Electronic Fuel Injection & Ride-by-wire throttle response delivering 43 Hp of Power & 37 Nm of Torque
• Light weight Steel Trellis frame with KTM’s signature die cast, Open lattice swingarm offering precise stiffness & excellent flex characteristics
• 43 mm open-cartridge upside down WP APEX front forks with 170 mm of travel
• High quality gas assisted WP APEX rear shock having 177 mm of Travel with progressive spring and preload adjustment
• Cutting edge twin channel braking systems featuring Cornering ABS & Offroad ABS by Bosch
• Quickshifter+ for smooth clutchless up and down-shifting.
• Motorcycle Traction Control with lean angle sensitivity
Other Exciting Features:
• Multifunctional dashboard with full-color TFT display is bright and clear.
• Larger fuel tank with 14.5L capacity
• LED headlight and LED daytime running lights.
Speaking on the occasion Sumeet Narang, President (Probiking) at Bajaj Auto Ltd. said “KTM has nurtured a base of over 2.5 lac biking enthusiasts in the last 7 years through it’s Duke and RC range, offering them technology and performance they had never seen before. The Adventure biking segment in India is starting to pick up steam over the last few years, backed by a widespread motorcycle touring culture. With the new KTM 390 Adventure, loaded with a host of first-in-class features like Cornering ABS, Offroad ABS, lean angle sensitive Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC) and Quickshifter+, we believe KTM will play a pivotal role in building the adventure motorcycle segment in the country.”
The bike will go on sale from January 2020 across all KTM showrooms.
Read what the Auto Publications have to say about the KTM 390 Adventure:
Car and Bike: http://bit.ly/36CqC0L
Autocar India: http://bit.ly/2stdP1U
HT Auto: http://bit.ly/2YTikiz
EVO India: http://bit.ly/2YRSawt