Dutch rider Jeffrey Herlings was on the Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Team's radar long before he got his first ride with the team at the close of the 2009 season when he finally reached the required age limit to compete in the senior class.
He joined the factory team in 2010 and enjoyed a spectacular first half of the season before a shoulder injury in Loket scrapped the rest of his season. His success continued in 2011 and he only conceded the title to teammate Ken Roczen in the second last race of the season.
Herlings had a golden season in 2013 winning 15 of the 17 MX2 GPs. He did not compete in the other two. His success continued through the first 13 GPs in 2014. But with 12 GP wins in the bag he fractured his leg. The Dutch rider mustered all his courage and determination to race in the final round in Mexico but the title went to his French teammate Jordi Tixier.
Herlings returns in the 2015 season with nothing to prove and will start as one of the title favourites.www.jeffreyherlings.eu Jeffrey's facebook
- 2008 World Champion & European Champion 85cc class
- 2009 2nd MX2 European Championship
- 2010 6th MX2 World Championship
- 2011 Dutch National Champion
- 2011 2nd MX2 World Championship
- 2012 MX2 World Champion
- 2013 MX2 World Champion (with three rounds still in hand)
- 2014 2nd MX2 World Championship