TixierFrench rider Jordi Tixier was first on a bike at the age of three, encouraged by his father, a former national rider. He rode in his first competition race at six years old and took his first junior title, the French “Miniverte” Championship in 2003 onboard a 65cc KTM when he was 11. He has a string of junior titles to his name and before joining the Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Team he was nurtured by Jacky Martens, team manager of the Nestaan JM Racing KTM team.
After winning the EMX125 title in 2010 he advanced to ride in the MX2 class in 2011, also for the Jacky Martens outfit where he finished overall thirteenth and picked up points in all but two motos.
Tixier said it was “a dream come true” to be signed as a full factory rider in the 2012 season. His target for the season was a top ten place. Finishing overall fifth in the 2012 World Championship was already a big achievement.
He finished top five in six GPs and was on the podium in third place in Latvia. He is in the team with Jeffrey Herlings for the 2013 season and will continue working on improving on sand tracks to match his speed on hard pack surfaces.
- 2003: French Champion 65 cc
- 2007: 3rd World Championship 85 cc & French Champion SX 85 cc
- 2009: winner of Paris Bercy 125 cc
- 2010: French champion 125 cc; European Champion 126 cc; World Champion 125 cc
- 2012 finished 5 in MX2 World Championship
- 2013 finished overall 2 in MX2 world Championship