VIRTUAL INSANITY – 1290 SUPER DUKE R UNVEILED ON MICROSITE!
veröffentlicht am 01.10.2013 /
At last years EICMA the prototype of KTM´s currently most powerful motorcycle was presented with brute engine sound. Now the eagerly awaited production version of the 1290 SUPER DUKER gets started and will be the first KTM that is launched on a web-based microsite.
• Microsite: www.1290SuperDukeR.com
• On September 16 had started a countdown till unveiling
• From October 1 all information regarding the ´Beast´ including 10 specials will be unlocked step-by-step
• Competition with a 1290 SUPER DUKE R as first prize
• Social: share, like, tweet
The new microsite became live on September 16, but the story of the new 1290 SUPER DUKE R already started in late 2012 at the Milan Show (EICMA). With a fearsome roar through its open Akrapovič pipes the prototype stole the attention of the entire Milan Show. The Video that was published at that time raised heartbeats as fast as YouTube views.
Along with unveiling the bike in all its glory from all angles, the dedicated microsite will be the central hub for all topics – technical specifications, features, photos, 360° views, videos, different bike setups and audio files – regarding the 1290 SUPER DUKE R.
More than just information and visuals will be available at a continually updated community center for registered 1290 SUPER DUKE R fans right throughout 2014. Among the features will be a discussion area for leaving comments, newsletter to sign-up and a social-media-powered competition like no other that will reward the winner with a brand-new 1290 SUPER DUKE R.
See a bike born for excitement, built for the hell of it, built because we wanted to do it, because we can do it and because you wanted us to do it. This is KTM. READY TO RACE!
Basic technical information on the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R
- Engine: 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V 75°, 1.301cc
- Performance: 180hp & 144Nm, 100Nm at 2500r.p.m.
- Drive-by-Wire, traction control, BOSCH 9M+ Combined-ABS
- Acceleration: from 0 to 200 kmph in 7,2sec
- Frame: powder-coated, Chromium-Molybdenum-Steel trellis frame
- Chassis: WP-USD Ø 48 mm, WP-Monoshock with single swinging arm
- Brakes: Brembo M50 monoblock calipers with 320 mm discs (front)
- Rims/tyres: low-pressure die-casting rims with Dunlop Sportsmart2
- Weight: 189kg (dry), 18 litres/3,5 litres reserve
- Service intervals at 15.000km and daytime running light as standard