DUNGEY FINISHES 6TH AT ATLANTA SUPERCROSS
ATLANTA, Georgia – Red Bull KTM Factory rider Ryan Dungey finished sixth overall after a rough start at the eighth round of the Monster Energy Supercross Series, an FIM World Championship.
Ryan Dungey was placed in 450 SX heat number one where he earned a fifth place start. Dungey caught Mike Alessi and made a pass for fourth on the fifth lap of the race. On the final lap Dungey suffered a small crash and lost a few positions. He recovered in seventh position which is where he finished earning a transfer spot to the main event.
When the gate dropped for the main event, Dungey jumped out to a top ten start. He was sitting in seventh after the first few corners. On the sixth lap of the race he made a pass with the KTM 450 SX-F to take over sixth position. He quickly reeled in the fifth place ride of Trey Canard and the two battled for that spot for the remainder of the race. Unfortunately, Dungey was unable to make the pass and had to settle for sixth place.
“Unfortunately, I didn’t get the best start and I wasn’t able to put myself in the best position for the overall tonight. I am definitely disappointed in my result tonight but I know what to work on and will come back stronger for St. Louis,” stated Dungey.
Next Round: St. Louis, MO – March 2, 2013
Results 450 SX Class Atlanta
1. James Stewart (USA), Suzuki, 17:52.788 min (20 laps)
2. Ryan Villopoto (USA), Kawasaki, +1.468 sec
3. David Millsaps (USA), Suzuki, +5.903
4. Justin Barcia (USA), Honda, +9.689
5. Trey Canard (USA), Honda, +11.724
6. Ryan Dungey (USA), KTM, +12.762
11. Matt Goerke (USA), KTM, +40.632
14. Andrew Short (USA), KTM, 19 laps
18. Les Smith (USA), KTM, +39.311
Standings 450 SX Class after 8 of 17 rounds
1. Millsaps, 174 points
2. Villopoto, 152
3. Dungey, 148
4. Canard, 135
5. Chad Reed (USA), Honda, 127
7. Short, 107
10. Goerke, 79
26. Smith, 10