Dutch teenager Jeffrey Herlings was on Stefan Everts’ (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing team boss) radar screen long before he got his first ride with the team at the close of the 2009 season when he was slipped under the the MX2 World Championship age limit. Jeffrey was then signed for the factory team in 2010 and enjoyed a spectacular first half of the season before he injured his shoulder in the Czech GP in Loket and had to sit out the remaining races.
The on-track battles between Jeffrey and teammate Ken Roczen turned out to be a highlight of the 2011 season and Jeffrey, the younger of the two teenagers, made it a two-way battle for the title right up to the second last round of the season.
Jeffrey went on to have a golden season in 2013 winning 15 of the 17 MX2 GPs and was not able to ride in the other two. He won every race he entered except the second moto in Brazil, where he finished second. Having set the bar very high in the previous season, Herlings goes into 2014 with nothing to prove. Still only 19, he is expected to deliver another thrilling season in MX2
- 2008 World Champion & European Champion 85 cc class
- 2009 European champion MX2 2nd place
- 2010 MX2 World Championship 6th place
- 2011 MX2 World Championship 2nd place & Dutch National Champion
- 2012 Opened the season with a double moto win at Valkenswaard, his third successive victory at this venue
- 2012 MX2 World Champion
- 2013 MX2 World Champion with three rounds still in hand.